Casa da Irene - Studio (ground-floor South)
Casa da Irene Studios – modern micro-apartments mixed with traditional Portuguese fisherman’s huts
Perfect for a family with kids, a couple or a solo traveller, the Casa da Irene Studios are truly an extraordinary place to stay at Nazaré. These two great micro-apartments are located at the ground-floor of Casa da Irene, only 2-minutes walk from the beach and from the main plaza of Nazaré.
Large living room during the day, spacious suite by night, each apartment studio allows the guests to adapt the space to their needs and wishes in many possible ways.
The large double bed is hidden behind the beautiful sofa: a functional and comfortable Murphy-bed can be easily converted into a great sofa, and vice-versa.
The unique semi-mezzanine can be used as a super bunk-bed for kids to sleep at night, or as a chill-out lounge during the day, or as a castle for little princesses and little knights, or as tree house for kids of all ages, or as a big storage space for surf-boards - just imagine all the possibilities…
The kitchen is full of big and small pleasant surprises: the fridge and washing machine are hidden under the stairs, which also has a “secret” breakfast compartment, with a Nespresso machine to have a good coffee at home.
The bathroom is spacious, functional and lovely, featuring a very generous walk-in shower, beautiful traditional Portuguese tiles and high-quality Grohe taps and head-shower.
In both studio apartments, the guests will find great attention to detail, in so many different ways:
- air conditioning by Daikin, to ensure a fresh summer and a cosy wintertime,
- UBS outlets in strategic places of the apartments, to recharge mobile phones, tablets and other electronic equipments,
- 32’’ smart TV set by Samsung, connected to Wi-fi, also offering many national and international television channels,
- free Wi-fi connection,
- writer’s corner with books and vintage typewriter machine - for decoration only, but still inspiring (South apartment),
- music corner with great acoustic guitar included and fabulous butterfly chair (North apartment),
- electronic lock to enter the main apartment door.
Also, Nazaré’s culture and heritage is very visible in both studios, particularly by up-cycling several traditional objects:
- eels fishnets converted into fantastic chandeliers,
- traditional fish braziers (fogareiros) converted into industrial-style chandeliers,
- traditional lights that small boats used to have to catch fish during night time (fogacho) converted into portable chandeliers,
- wooden fruit boxes converted into shelves to display objects and books,
- beach tent sticks converted into a big decorative object,
- large Nazaré Canyon bathymetric map, to show the beauty underneath the Atlantic ocean.
All this – and much more. What are you waiting?
Come and stay at home with us in Nazaré.